Nominal volume flow measurements in offshore operations on production platforms
- Volume flow, temperature and pressure measurements with a measuring device
- Simple installation with 2-wire connection technology
- Problem-free replacement for previously deployed measuring devices
Flow measurements for sample dosing in process analyzers for the petrochemical industry
- Dosing highly viscous products with no electrical conductivity
- Flow monitoring to detect leaks and blockages
- Precision dosing of sample flow using an integrated needle valve
List of projects
Malaysia Marina and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE), a subsidiary of MISC Berhad has been contracted by PETRONAS for this project to provide a Floating, Production and Storage (FPS) for Gumsut-Kakap project.
Technip was appointed as for the FEED and detail design contractor for this project.
PMMHE required an Oil Fiscal Allocation Metering Skid Package for Gumsut- Kakap Semi FPS project, for crude Oil export. The Gumsut- Kakap project encompasses Blocks J and K offshore Borneo, Northwest of Sabah, Malaysia. The GKA Host is a semi-submersible floating production system (FBS) configures for the mild, non-cyclonic environments offshore NW of Sabah, Malaysia within the Indian Ocean earthquake zone with faults off Sumatera. The facility is in approximately 1220m of water. The Crude Oil is exported by export oil pumps via a subsea pipeline to onshore terminal.
The Oil Fiscal Allocation Metering Skid is completely designed, fabricated, integrated, and tested by KOG Malaysia. Furthermore KOG provided MMHE with the flow and supervisory computer system mounted in a computer control panel suitable for hazardous area.
Scope of supply
The Crude Oil Metering System configuration is as follow:
- Carbon Steel, 150# 3 x 50% meter streams, each equipped with a 6” 150# Helical Turbine Flow meter
- 3 x “prover pipe work”’ at the outlet of each meter stream
- Fast loop sampling system
- Daniel Compact Prover system, comes with the lifting system for vertical mounting
Metering Control System:
- 3 x KROHNE FC-55 Flow Computers, each connected to the individual meter stream turbine flow meter, isolation valves and field instruments.
- 1 x KROHNE FC-55 Flow Computer connected to the small volume prover system.
- Common supervisory computer
- CALSYS validation software
- Metering cabinet where the panel for the KROHNE FC-55 is designed for Zone 1 certification to ensure continuous operation of the flow computers during the failure of HVAC system in the CCR cabin.
- Fluid Crude oil
- Meter Run Flow Rate (Min / Max) 7500 / 90000 BPD
- Density (Min/ max) 818/ 819 kg/m3
- Viscosity (Min/ max) 4 cP
- Vapour pressure (min/ max) 0.80/ 0.81 bar(a)